Ocean City Town Hall Prep Meeting
“Are you ready”
Ocean City Mayor and Council Chambers
City Hall 3rd Street and Baltimore Avenue
Wednesday May 25, 2022 from 6:30 p.m.
Ocean City, MD – (May 16, 2022): The Ocean City Department of Emergency Services will host the annual Town Hall Preparedness Meeting, which is held each May. This event is designed to educate the public to be prepared with an “all-hazards approach” to all emergencies in their home with families, community and in business before the onset of hurricane season. The key to the Town Hall Preparedness Meeting is to make sure everyone is prepared for any emergency and especially entering hurricane season. Prepare your family, property and/or business to be self-sufficient for at least 72 hours, but in reality 96 hours or more without electricity, utilities, water service, supermarkets, gas stations and possibly without police services, fire or emergency medical response.
Getting ready requires several steps:
- Familiarize yourself with emergency preparedness in your community, city, county, and state, identifying sources of information that will be helpful before, during, and after an emergency.
- Create a family plan for emergencies that includes an emergency supply kit customized to meet the needs of your family and pets.
- Understand that preparedness requires public engagement with government to create a whole community approach to disaster preparedness.
- Get involved with volunteer organizations that help citizens and the community before, during and after an emergency.
- Understand the impacts and dangers of hurricanes.
The Maryland Department of Emergency Management will also be on hand with information for the public and “Know Your Zone” information for evacuations if needed due to storms. For more information, please contact Ocean City Emergency Management at 410.723.6616 or visit our website at https://oceancitymd.gov/oc/departments/emergency-services/emergency-management/